Thursday, June 29, 2006

Locations in Rome
Where I run: Inside Circus Maximum, in wooded area across from Baths of Caracalla (that is grossly overstated on most maps - I counted 19 trees today, 4 of which appeared to be in the illest of health.
Where all roads lead to (once inside city): Piazza Venezia, home to the monument to Vittorio Emmanuele il Secondo. For some reason it's referred to as "the typewriter monument." Look, I've seen typewriters, and that - my friends - is no typewriter.
Where I live: Near Porta Maggiore on Via Casilina. More or less here
Where I ball: nowhere, as yet.
Where a good place to get an economical and tasty panino is: the place on Via Genova, off Via Nazionale
Where I work: 2 places. One is on Via Palestra, very close to the main train Station. The other is inside of Trajan's Markets, a monument built in 110 CE. I'm going there tomorrow to hopefully get my obtain autocad data on.
Where I sweat: usually on the 105 bus, where temperatures can climb to the absurd height of 110. That may be in Celsius.
Place where I buy the ticket that lets me ride the metro instead of the mobile inferno: Hopefully next to my apartment. Hopefully now.

No comments: